TruCare Fertility Clinic offers an outpatient diagnostic laparoscopy service for infertility issues.
Diagnostic laparoscopy service is an operation using keyhole surgery to look at your abdominal and pelvic organs. For some women minor treatments can be performed at the same time.
Diagnostic laparoscopy service is good for finding out the cause of lower abdominal and pelvic pain, certain period problems and infertility. The operation will help to find out if you have endometriosis, pelvic infection, adhesions, damaged fallopian tubes, an ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts or fibroids.
What complications can happen?
- Feeling or being sick
- Infection of the surgical part (wound)
- Blood clots
How soon will I recover?
- You should be able to go home the same day. Our healthcare team will tell you what was found during the laparoscopy and discuss with you any treatment or follow-up you need.
- Rest for one to two days and take painkillers if you need them.
- Regular exercise should help you to return to normal activities as soon as possible. Before you start exercising, ask the healthcare team or your GP for advice.
Book An Appointment
- Fill in your personal details and brief description of your treatment needed
- Choose the department and staff along with the time slot
- Check available appointment