TruCare Fertility Clinic offers Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) service. It is usually performed as an additional part of an IVF treatment cycle where a single sperm is injected into each egg to assist fertilization using very fine micro-manipulation equipment. In most cases, ICSI can be used to overcome severe male infertility.
Your treatment will be exactly the same as with IVF. The only difference is that instead of mixing the sperm with the eggs and leaving them to fertilize, a skilled Embryologist will inject a single sperm into the egg.
This maximizes the chance of fertilization taking place as it bypasses any potential problems the sperm will have in actually getting to the egg. At TruCare, we offer ICSI to all our patients.
Who is ICSI suitable for?
- When the sperm count is very low
- When the sperm cannot move properly or are in other ways abnormal
- When sperm has been retrieved surgically from the epididymis (MESA/PESA) or the testes
- (TESE/TESA) or from urine in retrograde ejaculation
- When there are high levels of antibodies in the semen
- When there has been a previous fertilisation failure using conventional IVF.
What does ICSI involve?
- Stimulation of the ovaries to encourage development and maturation of the eggs
- Retrieval of the eggs
- Fertilization of each egg with single spermatozoa.
- Fertilization of the eggs and culture of the embryos
- Transfer of the embryos back into the uterus.
- These steps are described more fully under IVF.
How is a TruCare ICSI unique?
- The custom designed dishes we use for ICSI have resulted in greatly improve fertilization rates for patients where ICSI is indicated.
- Our Embryologists are highly experienced and competent in carrying out ICSI procedure.
- All fertilized eggs are monitored daily for their growth and development.
Book An Appointment
- Fill in your personal details and brief description of your treatment needed
- Choose the department and staff along with the time slot.
- Check available appointment.